I. What is Chakra?
According to the esoteric traditions of Hinduism and Indian religions, the Chakra is the central energy source of the human body. There are 114 types of Chakra in total, but they are divided into 7 main types and these 7 Chakras line up in a straight line from the base of the spine to the top of the head. The chakras are believed to give energy to the body and are involved in one's physical, emotional or psychological reactions. The function of the Chakras is to rotate to attract Life Energy from the universe to keep the balance for the spiritual, psychological, emotional and physiological health of the body.
According to the Indians, the body and energy in the body are always in motion, thus requiring the chakras to stay open to keep the energy flowing in the body. Because when the energy stops flowing we become depressed, anxious, angry and prone to illness. One of the ways to keep the chakras open is to use gemstones that match the color of the chakras.
II. 7 Chakras and their meanings
2.1 Root chakra
The Root Chakra (Muladhara) is the chakra associated with instincts, safety, survival, and basic human potentials. This center is located in the area between the genitals and anus.
This chakra is visualized by:
- A lotus flower with 4 petals.
- Color: Red
- Matching Crystals: Smoky Quartz, Red Jasper, Red Tiger's Eye, Obsidian, Jet, Black Tourmaline, Bloodstone
If this Chakra is out of balance, you will feel anxious, insecure, and physically, you may experience digestive disorders. That's why when you're anxious, it's often accompanied by stomachache or nausea.
To check if the Muladhara chakra is out of balance, answer the following questions:
- Do you always want to stay at home, but have no intention of going out?
- Are you questioning your career and life?
- Do you often feel unsafe?
If the answer is "yes", then your root chakra is out of balance.
To open the Muladhara chakra, try spending time outdoors, being in contact with nature more to relax. Also if you're doing yoga, stick with tadasana, warrior poses, or half-moon.
2.2 Sacral Chakra
The Sacral Chakra (Svadhisthana) is the chakra in the groin area, and is associated with basic emotions, sexuality, and creativity. This chakra is considered to correspond to the testes or ovaries, which produce various sex hormones that are present in the reproductive cycle, and induce mood swings.
This chakra is visualized by:
- A lotus flower with 6 petals
- Color: Orange
- Matching Crystal: Citrine, Peach Moonstone, Orange Aventurine, Orange Calcite, Sunstone, Amber, Pyrite
When this chakra is open it helps you to be more creatively inspired, increasing the sex hormones present in the reproductive cycle. This chakra is associated with the element of water and creativity, so if you want to open this chakra then engage in an activity such as swimming, dancing, music or art, etc.
2.3 Solar Plexus Chakra
The Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura) is the chakra associated with an increase in the higher emotional elements, energy, digestion and assimilation, and is thought to be involved in the role of the pancreas and adrenal glands. located on the outside, and the renal cortex. These glands play important roles in digestion, the body's conversion from food to energy.
Solar Plexus Chakra is visualized by:
- A lotus flower with 10 petals.
- Color: Gold
- Matching Crystals: Citrine, Peach Moonstone, Orange Aventurine, Orange Calcite, Sunstone, Amber, Pyrite
To determine if your Manipura Chakra is out of balance, ask yourself questions to check.
- Want to control every situation?
- Do you feel the need to control others?
- If you are in power, do you find yourself abusing it?
- Is your self-esteem not being enhanced? Do you feel angry?
2.4 Heart Chakra
The Heart Chakra (Anahata) is the chakra associated with compassion, love, balance, and happiness. This organ is also part of the immune system, and the endocrine system. It produces T cells that are responsible for fighting off disease, and is often adversely affected by stress.
The Heart Chakra is visualized by:
- A lotus flower with 12 petals.
- Color: Green
- Matching Crystals: Rose Quartz, Green Aventurine, Rhodochrosite, Rhodonite, Amazonite, Malachite, Unakite
If you are not sure if your chakra is locked or not? Please answer the questions below:
- Does being rejected cause you a lot of pain?
- Are you paranoid, indecisive, impatient?
- Are you losing faith in your relationship?
- Do you feel weak or needy every time your emotions are hurt?
- Are you often negative, depressed, and absent-minded?
If the answer is "yes", then your chakra is probably closed. When the chakra is locked, you will notice jealousy and fear of intimacy. Doing camel, wheel, wild thing, and bridge yoga moves will effectively open up this chakra.
2.5 Throat Chakra
Throat Chakra (Vishuddha) is concerned with the communication of information and the expression of ideas. This chakra, parallel to the thyroid gland, helps produce hormones and) controls the body's growth.
Throat Chakra with visualization by:
- A lotus flower has sixteen petals.
- Color: Sky Blue
- Suitable Crystals: Lapis Lazuli, Lolite, Blue Lace Agate, Angelite, Turquoise, Amazonite, Kyanite, Blue Tiger's Eye (Hawk's Eye), Blue Topaz
Ask yourself questions to see if this chakra of yours needs opening?
- Is it difficult to voice your opinion?
- Do you feel that your opinion is not being heard, and do not know how to improve the matter?
If so, you need to open up this chakra by drinking enough water, eating fruits with high water content. If congestion occurs often, you should be in contact with nature more, for example, sitting quietly in the yard is enough.
2.6 Third Eye Chakra
The Third Eye Chakra (Ajna) is the chakra between the eyebrows. This is a very sensitive chakra, which helps to produce the hormone melatonin, which controls human instincts.
Ajna is associated with the image:
- A two-petaled lotus flower.
- Color: Indigo (Dark Green).
- Matching Crystals: Lapis Lazuli, Lolite, Sapphire, Sodalite
If this chakra is blocked, a number of physical symptoms may appear, such as sinusitis, insomnia, etc.
What is the sign?
- You can't trust your intuition?
- Do you have a lot of plans but never make them?
- Are you always in a state of anxiety?
Obstruction of this chakra can be improved with yoga poses such as downward facing dog, dolphin, sun salutations, and meditation.
2.7 Crown Chakra
Crown Chakra (Sahasrara) is the chakra of perception, which controls all other chakras. It secretes hormones and also connects with the central nervous system through the brain region to control body temperature, hunger, thirst, etc.
This chakra is visualized by:
- A thousand-petaled lotus.
- Color: Purple or Silver White.
- Suitable Crystals: Selenite, Clear Quartz, Moonstone, Fluorite, Amethyst, Labradorite, Celestite
Ask questions to find out if this Chakra of yours is blocked?
- Do you feel hopeless about the present or the future?
- Are you trying to escape reality?
- Are you someone who has a hard time accepting change?
- Do you often ask who I am or why am I here?
2.8 What is Chakra Meditation?
To open up your chakras, you can try meditation. It allows your mind to be freed from troubles, also should spend more time outside or gardening to have more energy in life. Here's our Meditation with Healing Crystals Guide, if you want to discover more :)
I hope the above article helps you find the answer to the question "What is Chakra?" and Chakra's power on the human body. Besides, you can combine the use of healing crystals with meditation and yoga methods to maximize their magical effects.